Spice Road Spices
Artisan Spice Merchants
The Art of Flavour
Jamaican Chicken with Chorizo and Allspice - Salt Reduced
A lovely full flavoured recipe for a Salt Reduced diet. The Chorizo will provide all the salt needed for a Salt Reduced flavour
• 1 x 600g Chicken Thighs, boned and cut into 5cm pieces
• 1 x Brown Onion, diced
• Olive Oil
• 2 x Cloves of Garlic, crushed
• 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
• 1/2 x Tin Diced Tomatoes - salt free
• 100g x Spanish Chorizo sausage, sliced
• 6 x Teaspoons of the SpiceOn Salt Free Caribbean Spice
• 1/2 x Teaspoon crushed chilli flakes - or to your taste
• Fresh Parsley, loosely chopped
Place the Chicken pieces in a kitchen bag and lightly cover with Olive Oil then add the Caribbean Spice Blend and the chilli flakes to taste.
Now, holding the top to give an air bubble, shake vigorously to liberally cover the Chicken with the Olive Oil and Spices. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In a heavy based pan fry down the onions and garlic ( do not burn the garlic ) until soft then add the Coconut Milk, Tomatoes, Chorizo and the Chicken.
Continue to cook on a low heat, stirring as the mixture thickens and the Chicken is cooked and firm. About 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with the Parsley and serve with cubes of Sweet Potato and Arborio Rice. Note: For immediate delivery of any Spices needed click: www.spiceroadspices.com.au
Comments: A lovely full flavoured recipe for a Salt Reduced diet. The Chorizo will provide all the salt needed for the exciting flavour